The use of technology in the construction industry was expanding before the COVID-19 pandemic, but the level of managing cyber risks varied widely. With the onset of the pandemic and greater reliance on technology to facilitate remote working, those risks—and the need to address those risks—has grown.
Please join Daniel Brennan (Laurie & Brennan), Amit Garg (BRG), and Dr. Anamaria Popescu, chairman of the Society of Construction Law North America and a managing director in BRG’s Global Construction practice, to discuss cyber risks in construction, and strategies and trends to manage those risks.
Topics will include:
- Overview of cyber risks in construction
- Increased risks of cyber attacks during the pandemic
- Review of the Department of Defense’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), DFARS, and NIST requirements
- Risks associated with the Internet of Things (IoT) in construction
- Insurance coverage for cyber risks
- Effect of cyber risk management and mitigation in the claims context
- Impact on cyber under the Biden administration